Wednesday 6 October 2010

Everybody ready for a barnyard dance!

My dear friend Emma just reminded me of the brilliant Sandra Boynton. I don't think I've written about her, and that is just wrong.

Barnyard Dance came as a present when little a was born, or at least not long after, from relatives in Canada, and it's one of the best books we've been given.

If ever you wanted a book to get you up and dancing and shouting, it's the barnyard dance:
Stand with the donkey
Sliiiiiide with the sheep
Scramble with the little chicks
Cheep Cheep Cheep

Genius.

Also highly recommend 'But Not the Hippopotamus'.

Am inspired: rest assured, after school tomorrow, little a and I will be stomping our feet, clapping our hands, getting ready for a barnyard dance.

Maybe we should draw the curtains first ...


No comments:

Post a Comment