Friday 9 April 2010

Extraordinary long arms

Ahh lovely, Friday morning. No work, so little a snuggles in my bed for stories before we start the day.

Mr Tickle - never a good choice at bed time, too much over-excitement, long tickly arms at the ready. Very fun for a sunny morning.

What's so brilliant about the Mr Men is that they haven't dated at all. Who knew Mr Tickle was No.1 in the series? I found myself quite excited about tracking down Mr Happy, Mr Silly, Mr Bump again. And Mr Small and those fantastic brogues ...

No way of knowing if When a Zeeder Met a Xyder will turn out to be as timeless, but it's a really sweet story of finding love in unexpected places. My friend gave it to little a for her second birthday with an inscription saying it was one for when she's a bit older, and I can well imagine it being given as a first love gift. I'm sure all the heavy symbolism isn't making much impression at the moment but she likes the cute drawings, there's a good rhythm to the rhyming, and a big PAZOOM! for little a to shout out, and lots of little xyderzees to count at the end. A nice new discovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment